Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I had a STROKE! / I'm going to DIE of a Heart Attack!

I turned 45 in September. I have never smoked or drank any kind of alcohol.
On October 5th I woke up to use the restroom at 6:05 am and as I was walking out of the bathroom the world began spinning. I fell to the ground because at the rate the spinning was increasing, I would eventually fall to the ground... So I chose to fall (I did not hit my head or anything).
Someday I'll tell the whole story, but for now, and after 2 days, and much confusion I ended up at Ohio State University in the SICU diagnosed with a stroke. A stroke is when part of the brain has been deprived of blood flow and therefore has not had oxygen.
It was not a heart attack, it was a stroke!
So, I've been home for couple weeks and I went to see my regular family doctor.

After talking at length with him,
He says to me, "Do you know what you will die from?"
I didn't answer!
"You may come in here with a stroke or cancer...but the one thing that will probably kill you will probably be a heart attack!"

We continued to talk about all of the statistics and studies done by the American Heart Association. And the odds are that I will die, and YOU who are reading this, will die of a heart attack!
The number one cause of death in America is a heart attack!

If we are so consumed with taking care of certain parts of our body (our skin, our eyes, our muscles), we should concentrate on our main concern ~ our heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment